Eddie C. – Space Cadet
Kashif – Help Yourself To My Love (Mathew Kyle Filtered Edit)
Craig Bratley – Birdshell – (6th Borough Project Shell Toe Mix)
Tornado Wallace – Swimmin’
Low Motion Disco – Love Love Love (Soft Rocks Remix)
The O’Jays – Darlin Darlin Baby (Sweet, Tender, Deep & Disco Edit)
Don’t Let Go (PH edit)
Kano – New York Cake – Can’t Hold Back (Your Loving)
Fenech Soler – (Dave’s Deep Freeze rmx)
Fenech Soler (320 download)
Here is a mix by DOKO from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
DOKO moves away from electro and back to the roots of disco music. This return to analog and instrument based disco is Grant McKeown’s backlash to the synthesized sounds and fast tempos that permeate the shitty clubs of yonder. With little fillers and relentless uppercuts DOKO delivers a knockout. You can’t block this shit because you rarely hear strange aphorisms regarding boxing.
1. The Fez – Steely Dan (Laura Ingalls wtf is a fez Edit)
2. Mclovin (Original Mix) – 6th Borough Project
3. Looking Up To You – The Revenge
4. Fly Robin Fly Silver Convention – (Alkalino Re-edit)
5. My Woman Eddie C – (Wolf_mix)
6. Love Love Love – Low motion Disco (Soft Rocks Remix)
7. Swimmin’ – Tornado Wallace
8. Just A Memory (Original Mix) – 6th Borough Project
9. You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else – Jones Girls
10. Don’t Send Me Away Garfield Fleming – (Alkalino edit)
Eddie C is from Banff Alberta, Canada and he makes really good slow disco. Here is a mix he made:
RIGHT CLICK TO DL
And here is an Eddie C song:
This Tune came out on the Permanent Vacation Compilation a while back and is pure 97 BPM gold.
I’ve been really liking the slower tempo disco thats been coming out lately. Artists such as 6th Borough Project, The Revenge, Eddie C and Dave Allison have been putting out some killer tunes in the last few years. I have also found some tunes that were made in the 70’s that mix nicely with this tempo.
I am particularly interested in tempos between 90 and 115 BPM. There seems to be a different feeling to these songs that sets it apart from the commonly used tempos of disco and house music (120-130 BPM). I have heard it being called many things like disco lento
, cosmic disco
, slomo house and slo-tek. I dont think that there needs to be a new name for it and to me it’s just “slow disco”.